Friday, November 20, 2009

President Obama's Trip:
Style Over Substance

Lucianne.com - - The White House spin on this disastrous trip could snap your neck.

by Mike Allen - November 19th, 2009 - Politico


President Barack Obama returns from his maiden Asian swing with none of the concrete accomplishments that White Houses typically put in place before big trips, setting up a stark test for his idealistic theory that the United States should act more like a wise neighbor than a swaggering superpower.

Obama’s minimalist approach was most consequential in China, where he did not meet with Christians, dissidents or bloggers, or directly challenge his hosts for repressive tactics that are again on the rise.

The Chinese in turn rebuffed longstanding U.S. concerns – whether on human rights, Iran or currency policy – in a heavily stage-managed visit where China, not Obama, clearly sought the upper hand.

It’s an approach that carries great risk for Obama – playing straight into his critics’ accusations that his new, more multilateral style isn’t paying dividends, and worse, is making him look weak and ineffectual abroad.

I love the attempt by Politico to describe Obama's approach as minimalist, rather than what it is, left wing appeasement, or as Rodney King described it, "Can't we all just get along?" How naive.

How can Obama think that apologizing to everyone and insisting America will not use its strength any more will impress the realpolitik leaders of the dictatorial nations like Russia and China?

I absolutely love the comment about the article by one blogger,
BeatleJeff, on Lucianne.com:
What I Did on My Fall Break by Barry Obama

On my fall break, I went to China and Japan. I saw the Great Wall of China and ate real Chinese food. That was cool. I met some little Chinese man. Boring! In Japan, I ate lots of sushi. Sushi is cool! I met an old Japanese man. I showed him how well I can bow. I have been practicing that real hard. I think there was some assignment I was supposed to do on the trip, but I was having so much fun, I forgot to do it. Mr Emmanuel will be mad at me for that, but who cares. I hope that the people re-elect me in three years so that I can take more fun trips like this one.

I thought seriously about posting this article as a joke on the Chowan River Patriot, but I quickly realized the mistake of going that route. If I did that, I would have to post everything about Obama as a joke, and no matter how ridiculous this arrogant little would-be tyrant is, the threat he poses to our freedom is not a joke.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home