Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dear A.I.G., I Quit!

Editorial - March 24th, 2009 - New York Times

The following is a letter sent on Tuesday by Jake DeSantis, an executive vice president of the American International Group’s financial products unit, to Edward M. Liddy, the chief executive of A.I.G.


Dear Mr. Liddy,

It is with deep regret that I submit my notice of resignation from A.I.G. Financial Products. I hope you take the time to read this entire letter. Before describing the details of my decision, I want to offer some context:

I am proud of everything I have done for the commodity and equity divisions of A.I.G.-F.P. I was in no way involved in — or responsible for — the credit default swap transactions that have hamstrung A.I.G. Nor were more than a handful of the 400 current employees of A.I.G.-F.P. Most of those responsible have left the company and have conspicuously escaped the public outrage.

You can read the rest of this letter at the New York Times. What you will find detailed is a reality that our nation today is governed by demagogues and tyrants, the most despicable of which is our Dear Leader, the Magic Marxist Messiah. A great analysis of the resignation and the bonus issue which triggered it is the commentary of J.G. Thayer, "The Face of Untrammeled Greed". That greed is not the greed of the bonus recipients but the government goons who want to breach the contracts.

America has not until now stood for mob rule. I am disgusted that nearly half the Republicans in congress went along with the contemptible mob rule attempt to steal from private citizens the negotiated compensation they had been promised. It appears that the mob, as usual, were trying to lynch the wrong people. That is what happens during mob rule. The people who the mob were angry at have already left A.I.G. To the Democrats that is irrelevant. They want to hang someone and being "in the area" where the crime took place is all it takes. It doesn't even matter if they are there to clean up after the crime. They are in the area, "Let's hang them!"


Democrats, at the same time, are adamant they are going to go forward with a plan to bail out all the liars who defrauded banks with erroneous loan applications because it will also bail out people who were simply stupid in buying homes they could not afford. The simply stupid are of course Democrat voters.

What happened to my nation? when did the nation of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and James Madison become the nation of Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro and Joseph Stalin?

I can only hang my head and cry!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home